Friday, July 24, 2009

Aiko's Milk

The latest single that Aiko released back in February was a double A-side with the songs 'Milk' and 嘆きのキス (Nageki no kisu). This is her 25th single! Milk is a really sweet, catchy, upbeat song, whereas Nageki no kisu (kiss of grief) is a sad ballad. I'm a sucker for Aiko's upbeat songs (after all, 花風 [Hanakaze] and かばん [Kaban] are among my favourite songs), so Milk is the winner in my book anyway. I also love the cover for the single. Great coat by the way!



Stylejapan calls Milk "an entertaining train ride through brass instruments and piano with a dash of organs", and I think that's spot on! In contrast to Stylejapan though I do like Aiko's breathy 'Ahhhs' in the song.

The video is, as many other Aiko videos, simply herself dancing around in skirt and boots with the band in the background. Good enough for me!


aiko - milk
Uploaded by utadalove. -


Quartet4.net, a great site for lyrics translations from Japanese into English, has the lyrics for Milk in both English and Japanese, find the English translation below:


I’m practicing my smile in front of the mirror again today
If I can’t smile well enough then I’ll be the one feeling down
When I’m asleep, I see this and that in my dreams
And when I wake up, I find myself falling in love

*Please, look at my eyes, please, look at my mouth
I want to be with you in the pure white light
Where snow and milk blur together quietly and slowly

We passed by each other recently, but I couldn’t call out your name
I can’t stand the vague bows, I must tell you before my feelings cool down

My finger touches the light of my phone in the darkness
Your name was shining, I looked at it again and again

Please, look at my eyes, please, look at my mouth
The future changes in the blink of an eye
I can’t be with you today or tomorrow

A miracle occurred only once, meeting you that day meant everything
You and I could never live our lives alone

(Repeat*)

We passed by each other recently, but I couldn’t call out your name
I can’t stand the vague bows, I must tell you before my feelings cool down
Even if there was an exciting world right in front of me
I’d rather have this world where I can touch your ruffled hair


That is the whole Milk package - picture, video, review & lyrics! Is that fan service or what :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment